Friday, July 8, 2016

one thing at a time


I have finished hand piecing a large section of this quilt and am now putting it aside for the rest of the summer.   The piece is not complete - I still want to enlarge all edges (to 90" square) with more of the muslin nine patch.  (right now it is about 70 inches square)

I have been doing  'one thing at a time' as I manage my recovery through the broken leg and the infection.

I had surgery for the infection on July 4 and am finally beginning to feel better.

I receive daily professional nursing care and am confined to house, but I can go out on the deck.

8 comments:

  1. That's a relief. I have been worried about you.
    Get well soon.
    Cheers Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your healing - blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are moving out of the woods. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep getting better, Judi. This quilt has always been one of my favorites; I look forward to seeing it again later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cloth is quietly beautiful. It's been with you for a while now, keeping you company. Look forward to seeing what goes into your hand next. Take good care of yourself, of that leg. You are very special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you! I love this cloth, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x