Thursday, June 30, 2016

sunny yellow space


I do not have a design wall going - but I am managing to stitch in the mornings.  This morning I put 2 hours into this large piece.

I have a blood infection, and it is really affecting me.
I spend most of the day in this room - our yellow bedroom with the bay window.

I have art from friends on the wall.  Penny Berens - the green stitching to the left.
Linda Finn, the framed piece on the wall.
Hand made necklaces from April and others - also pearls from my mother hang from pins beside it.
A weaving from Avalance looms in the bay window - used when I have a chill at night (and Ned doesn't).  It is a one person blanket.
Just peeking out at the top of the bed is the yellow cashmere sweater, another life saver - I wear it when ever I need to wrap myself up.  (purchased at Marks and Spemcer's last summer when I was with Grace in England)

In this photo there are no sheets on the bed because Ned washed them and dried them on the line.  What you do see is the washable wool fleece we bought in the first year of our marriage - it still covers the mattress. (see the photo under the window? - that's us in 1973 on our wedding day)  The plastic box and birch bark basket in the window hold the threads that I am using for the silk quilt.  hoop by hoop.

I feel that I need to tell my blog friends how sick I am - but am not able to put this on the main blog for some reason.  Thank you for the caring emails I have received this week.  I will answer - but I just have so very little energy.  xo

12 comments:

  1. Also, shall point out the commode!
    Walker is not in the photo as I am using it to take the photo.

    And not installed yet, the IV tubes ....they came after this photo was taken and are also in the window.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I think it took real courage to let us know how vulnerable you are feeling. You are in my prayers and thoughts for recovery and comfort. The room seems filled with sun and a good healing atmosphere. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel sad seeing those medical assistant things beside your bed. I hope they are soon gone on to a new home. Did I know y'all got married in 1973? That's when The Engineer and I said "I will." (My authority issues wouldn't have me repeating the slightest thing someone told me to say - not even "I do.") I have a tendency to restrict talk of illnesses and sadnesses to only a precious few folks, those who can offer me care and reassurance without needing the same from me, leaving my energy to be spent on healing. Treat those emails like cards you got in the mail. Read them, smile, then delete them and get back to stitching and healing. That's what we want for you. Thank Ned for taking such good care of you. I know it's what he does, what he signed on for, but thank him for me anyway. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. may you be Held in your beautyFull Yellow Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, you are in my thoughts, feel better soon! That yellow room should help with the sunshine rolling in and the stitching by your side!

    ReplyDelete
  6. white light and good vibes beaming from the Land Down Under

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know that thoughts and prayers are sent up for you during this bump in the road. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your infection. Hope you are well soon. Stitching, a sunny view and special things surrounding you...I hope will help with your healing.-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. update for saturday july 2 - I have been admitted to local hospital for a change in the anti-biotic and observation.

    I am able to access internet, which is something the last hospital didn't have.

    Thank you for all concern - your love and good wishes are helping me v much. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. May it be a short, effective hospital stay, Dear Judy. Thinking of you, as always. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Judy...highest hopes that this anti-biotic will do the trick. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also thinking of you, Judy. I am feeling sad for you but I know you are strong even with a weak health and you will be well soon. I wish you the best.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that we can have a conversation about creation. Thank you for taking interest. x